Home Builders Charitable Foundation
So many of our best memories happen at home: a child’s first steps, playing in the backyard, music lessons and birthday parties. A strong, livable neighborhood should be available to all in our society. That is why the Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (KCHBA) established the Home Builders Charitable Foundation (Fund ID: home03) in 2002 as the charitable arm of the KCHBA. The foundation’s mission focuses on three main areas:
- Increasing career opportunities in the skilled trades by supporting educational programs and job training resources related to the construction industry
- Supporting the revitalization of Kansas City area communities
- Assisting charitable causes, such as human services like transitional and supportive services and housing
In 2021, the Home Builders Charitable Foundation contributed more than $60,000 to various community partners in the Kansas City area to support education, housing redevelopment and other much-needed services. A few of the organizations the fund has supported include:
- Habitat for Humanity KC
- Community Housing of Wyandotte County
- Rebuilding Together Kansas City
- Johnson County Community College Scholarships
- Pittsburgh State University Scholarships
- Area Career and Technical Centers
“HBA’s generous gift went to support our new home construction program and was a lifesaver this year with the exploding cost of lumber in the 3rd quarter. Despite rising lumber prices and the pandemic, CHWC built and sold 16 brand new homes to hardworking families in KCK’s urban core. This is the most homes CHWC has EVER built, and we are on track to beat that number in 2021. We couldn’t do what we do without the generous support of organizations like the HBA, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.”
—Brennan Crawford, Community Housing of Wyandotte County
- Parade of Playhouses: You’re invited to join this fun and creative fundraiser by designing and building a unique playhouse to be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
- Topgolf: It’s fun. And it’s a blast with a group of your favorite home-building colleagues! Even better — the proceeds from this event benefitted Kansas City-area charitable causes.
- Home for the Holidays Year-End Fundraiser: Not everyone has a place to call home. Consider a donation to support local organizations so we can build foundations for the future.
Grants may be made only to charitable and educational organizations. If you would like to submit a grant request to the KCHBA, please fill out this Grant Request Form and send it to Kari@kchba.org. Requests are reviewed twice a year by the KCHBA’s Foundation Committee (May and November).
The Foundation is supported by the generosity and commitment of KCHBA members, affiliates and friends. The KCHBA thanks the following companies for their annual monetary donations to support families across the Kansas City region in reaching their dreams of homeownership. Thank you for your support!
2022 VISIONARIES ($10,000+)
Rocktops Granite & Stone Fabrication
2022 COMMUNITY PARTNERS ($2,500)
Hi Line Construction
2022 FRIENDS OF THE FOUNDATION ($1,000+)
2022 ADVOCATES ($500+)
2022 PATRONS ($250+)
Arrow Circle Electric
Schlager & Associates, P.A.
2022 SUPPORTER ($100+)
Home Builders Charitable Foundation Fund Management
The Home Builders Charitable Foundation is maintained and invested through the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation (GKCCF). The GKCCF provides a range of services for many of the largest and most respected philanthropies and foundations in the KC community. The Home Builders Charitable Foundation (Fund ID: home03) determines and controls all gifting policies and procedures, solicitations of gifts, donations to qualified recipients and other management matters, according to the rules and regulations of the Home Builders Charitable Foundation and the GKCCF.
Questions? Contact: Kari English, Kari@kchba.org or 816-942-8800.