Home Builders Charitable Foundation
So many of our best memories happen at home: a child’s first steps, playing in the backyard, music lessons and birthday parties. A strong, livable neighborhood should be available to all in our society. That is why the Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (KCHBA) established the Home Builders Charitable Foundation (Fund ID: home03) in 2002 as the charitable arm of the KCHBA.
Mission: The HBCF’s mission is to support local nonprofit organizations that promote owning and maintaining a home as well as to support job training resources related to residential construction in the Kansas City area. Examples of this support include:
- Supporting homeowners in their efforts to build long-term wealth and stability by owning and maintaining a home through donations to community revitalization organizations. Examples include Community Housing of Wyandotte County, Rebuilding Together Kansas City and Habitat for Humanity of Kansas City.
- Assisting students interested in careers in construction by supporting the implementation and continuation of the Home Builders Institute (HBI) curriculum in area high schools and technical centers. Schools currently using the HBI curriculum are Olathe Advanced Technical Center, Paola High School, Gardner-Edgerton High School.
“HBA’s generous gift went to support our new home construction program and was a lifesaver this year with the exploding cost of lumber in the 3rd quarter. Despite rising lumber prices and the pandemic, CHWC built and sold 16 brand new homes to hardworking families in KCK’s urban core. This is the most homes CHWC has EVER built, and we are on track to beat that number in 2021. We couldn’t do what we do without the generous support of organizations like the HBA, and we thank you from the bottom of our hearts.”
—Brennan Crawford, Community Housing of Wyandotte County
- Parade of Playhouses: You’re invited to join this fun and creative fundraiser by designing and building a unique playhouse to be auctioned off to the highest bidder.
- Topgolf: It’s fun. And it’s a blast with a group of your favorite home-building colleagues! Even better — the proceeds from this event benefitted Kansas City-area charitable causes.
- Home for the Holidays Year-End Fundraiser: Not everyone has a place to call home. Consider a donation to support local organizations so we can build foundations for the future.
Grants may be made only to charitable and educational organizations. If you would like to submit a grant request to the KCHBA, please fill out this Grant Request Form and send it to Kari@kchba.org. Requests are reviewed twice a year by the KCHBA’s Foundation Committee (May and November).
The Foundation is supported by the generosity and commitment of KCHBA members, affiliates and friends. The KCHBA thanks the following companies for their annual monetary donations to support families across the Kansas City region in reaching their dreams of homeownership. Thank you for your support!
2022 VISIONARIES ($10,000+)
2022 COMMUNITY PARTNERS ($2,500)
Hi Line Construction
2022 FRIENDS OF THE FOUNDATION ($1,000+)
2022 ADVOCATES ($500+)
2022 PATRONS ($250+)
Arrow Circle Electric
2022 SUPPORTER ($100+)
Home Builders Charitable Foundation Fund Management
The Home Builders Charitable Foundation is maintained and invested through the Greater Kansas City Community Foundation (GKCCF). The GKCCF provides a range of services for many of the largest and most respected philanthropies and foundations in the KC community. The Home Builders Charitable Foundation (Fund ID: home03) determines and controls all gifting policies and procedures, solicitations of gifts, donations to qualified recipients and other management matters, according to the rules and regulations of the Home Builders Charitable Foundation and the GKCCF.
Questions? Contact: Kari English, Kari@kchba.org or 816-942-8800.