The Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (KCHBA) is the voice of the housing industry and the source for housing information. Comprising approximately 550 member companies, the KCHBA represents an industry that supports thousands of jobs in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area.
For 80 years, the Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City has been supporting the home building industry and the home buyers who keep the industry strong. The KCHBA is proud to bring you outstanding, year-round opportunities to experience the home building and home improvement industries including the Fall Parade of Homes, Spring Parade of Homes, and Greater Kansas City Home Show.
Serve the new-home industry of greater Kansas City as the ultimate new-home resource for KCHBA members and consumers, and provide advocacy on behalf of the residential construction industry to local government and the public.
The Home Builders Association was established in 1937 when less than 100 builders designated themselves as the builder division of the already existent Real Estate Board. The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) granted the HBA an official charter on Oct. 31, 1945. Three public events in particular have brought distinction to the KCHBA including the Fall Parade of Homes in 1947, the Home Show in 1948 and the Spring Parade of Homes in 1962.
About Our Membership
Membership is open to all companies and individuals involved in the housing industry including builders, remodelers, suppliers and realtors. Benefits include:
- Educational Opportunities to provide information, knowledge and training to succeed in the home-building industry.
- Networking Opportunities to bring members together at social events such as the Parade awards ceremonies, Inaugural Gala, International Builders Show hospitality suite, golf tournament, clay shoot and new member events.
- Grassroots Involvement to engage members in their local areas including the KCHBA’s three Area Councils – Kansas, Missouri North and Missouri South.
- Industry Information keeps members updated and informed through the monthly printed magazine, Building Business News, the weekly e-newsletter, This Week at the HBA, as well as access to national information from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
- Governmental Affairs Support to provide advocacy at local and national levels to support pro-housing candidates and initiatives.
- Marketing Opportunities to promote member businesses as sponsors and advertisers of member events, publications, the website, the Parade of Homes and Greater Kansas City Home Show.
- Membership in the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) to give members national connections to education, networking, publications, governmental affairs support, and special discounts on a range of goods and services.
Over the years, KCHBA members have advanced the housing industry, built our homes, our neighborhoods, and our communities. Through a strong membership base, KCHBA will continue as the leading voice for the building industry and home ownership today and tomorrow.
Additional information about KCHBA can be found via the following links: