The Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City is the heart and soul of our local home building industry and when people in the Kansas City want to buy, build, finance, remodel or maintain a home, they look to the KCHBA as their go-to resource for professionals. Raise your reputation with increased credibility through membership in the KCHBA.
You Have a Voice
Local, state and national government relations and lobbying keep housing affordable and limit regulation. In a typical year, actions save more than $10,000 on each new home. It’s not just who you know, it’s who others know that can make a difference in your business.
Membership Doesn’t Cost, It Pays
Your KCHBA membership provides you access to over 150 cost-saving discounts. Benefits opportunities include:
- KCHBArebates.com for builders/remodelers. Over 70 percent of members who participated last year received more in rebates than they paid in annual dues to their HBA.
- NAHB’s Member Savings programs, which offers discounts at many national companies for your everyday business needs, including vehicles.
- Kansas Builders Insurance Group workers compensation insurance for Kansas companies. KBIG collects premiums and pays claims while always striving to return unused premium dollars back to the members.
2nd Largest Parade of Homes in the Country
The KC Parade of Homes, held every spring and fall, offers home builders the biggest and most cost-effective marketing opportunity in the greater Kansas City metropolitan area. Some marketing analytics supporting the popularity of this event include:
- According to Google Analytics, between Sept. 19 – Oct. 9, 2022, the KCHBA website hosted 23,235 unique users.
- The 2022 Fall Parade of Homes web pages received 50,265 unique page views.
- During the 2022 Fall Parade of Homes, the mobile app had 1,017,112 page views.
- The mobile app had over 829,752 homes viewed.
- 53% of app users are new downloads, 47% are returning users.
- As of December 2022 the #KCParadeofHomes Facebook has over 13,500 followers and Instagram has over 5,200.
- An average of 2,580 unique users are reached daily via the #KCParadeofHomes social media channels.
Meet New People
With about 75 gatherings per year — ranging from specialized councils to tournaments and general membership meetings — the KCHBA provides many opportunities to create new and profitable relationships in the building industry.
Be First to Know When Changes are Coming
The KCHBA keeps members updated on changes in the industry in many ways including the monthly Building Business News magazine, the weekly e-newsletter This Week at the HBA, social media pages on Facebook and Twitter, and access to the latest national information from the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
Earn Continuing Education Credits
Each year, the association offers numerous continuing education programs on topics ranging from economic forecasts to aging-in-place. Members receive discounted registration and can distinguish themselves by earning professional designations.
When a company joins the KCHBA, they also become a member of the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) and the HBA of Missouri or Kansas Builders Industry Association. You have the backing of not only your 800 local members, but more than 30,000 state and national professional members fighting for our industry.
Stand Out from the Competition
Members immediately get access to our resources, networking opportunities, discounts, educational programs, marketing events and community service projects. Partnering with the KCHBA is one of the most effective marketing strategies your company can use. No other organization can help you promote your brand, build relationships, develop business leads and increase sales better than we can!
Know someone who should be a member? Submit a referral to Kari@kchba.org.