Spring Parade of Homes Rescheduled for June 13-28, 2020
KCHBA Encourages Consumers to Follow Safety Guidelines, Check Status of Homes Before Visiting
As the Kansas City region begins its economic recovery, the Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (KCHBA) is pleased to announce the Spring Parade of Homes has been rescheduled for June 13-28 and will feature 375 homes built by 120 builders across eight counties in the metropolitan area. Originally scheduled for April 26-May 10, homes will range in price from $199,900 to nearly $2.5 million.
While taking part in the 2020 Spring Parade of Homes, safety measures to protect the general public are important. As an attendee of the event, KCHBA asks that consumers follow these guidelines:
- Stay home if you are potentially sick. Attendees are responsible for not attending if they are, or may be, infected with the COVID-19 virus or have been around any infected person(s). It is suggested that those with compromised immune systems or other vulnerable populations not participate in-person. Instead, please consider downloading the KC Parade of Homes mobile app and/or visit kcparadeofhomes.com to participate virtually.
- Check status of home on mobile app/website before visiting. While parade homes are typically open during the advertised dates and hours, this parade will allow for homes to be closed to the public subject to the discretion of the builder and their representatives, in order to maintain a reasonable level of safety for themselves, parade attendees, and the general public. To access up-to-the-minute information on the status of an individual home, please download and utilize the KC Parade of Homes mobile app. Click here for Android phones and click here for Apple phones.
- Contact the builder or realtor before visiting a home. If you have any questions about the accessibility of a home or are uncomfortable making in-person visits, please utilize the contact information listed for homes you are interested in to receive more information or to inquire about an appointment.
- Children discouraged from attending. Due to the inclination of children to touch surfaces, we ask that you consider attending without children.
- Maintain social distance at all times. Maintain 6’ social distancing guidelines while waiting to enter the home, while talking to those working in the home, and while touring the home. This may mean you need to wait to enter a hallway or a room until others ahead of you have left the area.
- Do not touch. Refrain from touching surfaces and handles in the home.
- Bring your own PPE. Consider bringing your own face mask to wear while in the home. Some homes may require them to enter. Please consider calling ahead of your intended visit to learn more.
- Shorten visits. Consider limiting your time within a home to 15 minutes in order to improve the flow of traffic.
- Bring hand sanitizer. Sanitize hands prior to entering and immediately upon leaving a home.
As guests in these homes, it is the responsibility of every attendee to adhere to the protocol and instructions provided at each home. We hope you enjoy the tour while still being mindful of the current health situation we find ourselves in.
The Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (event organizer) is also advising all Parade builders showing a home to take the following steps for their safety as well as the safety of the public to prevent the spread of COVID-19:
- To encourage social distancing guidelines within the home, the number of visitors allowed inside the home at any one time will be determined on a case-by-case basis relative to local regulations on capacity.
- Builders and their representatives are encouraged to leave on interior lights as well as open interior doors while the home is open to the public in order to minimize consumer surface contact.
- Certain frequently touched areas will be cleaned and disinfected as appropriate.
- Those working inside the home are encouraged to wear a face mask.
- The parade’s mobile app and website have been significantly enhanced to encourage guests to participate and engage in a virtual setting from the comfort of their own home.