Three Teams to Hammer Out Hunger During Spring Parade
The Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (KCHBA) has established a goal of donating $21,000 (or about 63,000 meals) to Harvesters during the 2018 Spring Parade of Homes. The association has created three regional teams (Kansas, Missouri North and Missouri South) to take on this challenge.
Organized by Jerry Ratway of Weber Flooring, each of the teams is tasked with raising a minimum of $7,000 and the team that raises the most food/money will receive an award and lunch served to them by the other two teams.
The official kick-off of the Hammer Out Hunger challenge was March 1 when all three teams gathered at Harvesters for lunch, to take a tour of the facility and to assist Harvesters with a volunteer activity. The teams are:
Team Name (Kansas)
- Jerry Braklow, Braklow Custom Homes and Team Captain
- Adam Andrews, Franklin American Mortgage Co.
- Bill Arnold, Trendstone
- Kenna Arnold, Security 1st Title
- Helen Bartlett, Refined Interior Staging Solutions
- JR Bretches, Bank of Blue Valley
- Cindy Breternitz, Franklin American Mortgage Co.
- Mike Bryant, Mike Bryant Heating and Cooling
- Vickie Fastnacht, Cornerstone Bank
- Marci Hecker, First United Title Agency
- Maria Koch, KC Lift & Elevator
Team Name (Missouri North)
- Gary Kerns, Gary Kerns Homebuilders and Team Captain
- Dee Grisamore, Grisamore Real Estate Group
- Mike Hemphill, High Definition Drywall
- Jessica Kerns, Gary Kerns Homebuilders
- Todd Lipshutz, Inspired Homes
- Brad Jackson, Locks & Pulls
- Chad Maple, Owen Lumber
- Kelly Muehlberger, Security 1st Title
- Rian Poythress, Security 1st Title
- Michelle Schneider, PPG
- Elizabeth Welsch, Capitol Federal
Team Name (Missouri South)
- Sean Woods, Ashlar Homes and Team Captain
- Nicole Bell, Kohler
- Glen Dowding, United Heating, Cooling & Plumbing
- Chris Findley, United Heating, Cooling & Plumbing
- Kevin Gertz, Henges Insulation and Fireplaces
- Christine Hawkins, Ferguson Enterprises
- Richard Holtcamp, Bank of Blue Valley
- David Hughes, Arvest Bank
- Caitlin Johnson, ProSource
- Angie Ripley, Prudential Carter-Duffey Realtors
- Kevin Stallings, Dreams & Design Building
New this year, a silent auction will be held during the Spring Parade of Homes Awards Celebration to assist in raising funds for Harvesters.
KCHBA would like to thank its sponsors of the Hammer Out Hunger challenge:
- Rosehill Gardens, Lunches Sponsor
- FastSigns, T-shirt Sponsor
- Capitol Federal, Silent Auction Sponsor
Look for barrels at some of these members’ locations as well as at the HBA. Or, donate to a team online by clicking here.