Avoid OSHA Fines with this Fall Prevention Class
The Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City (KCHBA) will be offering a FREE 4-hour Fall Prevention in Residential Construction training on December 19. KCHBA is located at 600 E 103rd St., Kansas City, MO 64131. The English session will be 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and a Spanish session will be offered 12:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. A complimentary lunch will be provided! The program will focus on assisting both employees and employers on identifying and avoiding fall hazards encountered during home building operations.
Each year over 350 construction workers die in fall-related accidents, and thousands suffer disabling injuries. Without access to effective safety training, we will continue to see far too many accidents. The seminar will teach you how to:
- Recognize common fall hazards in residential construction.
- Identify when fall protection is required.
- Determine which protection system to use for a given fall hazard.
- Understand the key requirements and basic safety practices for each protection system.
- Understand the safety requirements and practices for ladders and scaffolding.
This training program was produced under a grant from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), by the Job-Site Safety Institute (JSI) in partnership with NAHB and KCHBA.
English-speaking presentation 8:00 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
Spanish-speaking presentation 12:30 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
FREE, includes complimentary lunch
Email Paige@kchba.org to sing up today!