2020 Sponsor Appreciation
We want to say THANK YOU!
On behalf of the Board of Directors and staff of the Home Builders Association of Greater Kansas City, we want to thank you for your generous support in 2020. As you experienced in your business, the unforeseen spread of Covid-19 has forced us to reinvent the approaches this organization utilizes to best serve you. With that said, it’s important to highlight the numerous positive outcomes we’ve achieved as an industry and as an organization that were only made possible through your investment in the mission of the KCHBA.
- Secured an “essential” designation for our industry in local jurisdictions and across two states to ensure that our members could continue to provide housing which has contributed to a 17% increase in single family permits YTD.
- Recalibrated the Parade of Homes to adhere to local, state, and federal health guidelines to ensure that our industry could generate and meet the demand of KC-area consumers at a time when many other organizations were cancelling their new homes tours in other cities.
- Reached tens of thousands of new consumers through our proprietary Parade of Homes mobile app and Web site.
- Produced an Economic Forecast Breakfast headlined by Federal Reserve Governor Michele Bowman that drew 200+ attendees and as well as the attention of the national media.
- Contributed more than $40,000 to charitable organizations like Veterans’ Community Project, Make-a-Wish, Habitat for Humanity, and more through the HBA Foundation Fund.
- Established a Professional Women in Building Council to cultivate a culture of leadership and recognition for our entire industry.
- Contributed to a dialogue between key members of Congress, the Trump administration, and the National Association of Home Builders to address the spike in lumber prices in which the U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross repeatedly acknowledged the critical role home building plays in the U.S. economy.
While not an exhaustive list of the outstanding things we’ve accomplished together, it is clear that this is a serious organization that gets results for its members. The KCHBA does not exist to serve itself. It exists to serve you, the member. Our guiding principle is to create an economic environment in which your company can thrive.
None of these accomplishments would have been possible without the financial support of our annual sponsors. As an organization, we’re committed to being the best investment you make all year. When you invest in the KCHBA, you are investing in your own business and the growth of the entire industry. Without this investment, we are far less capable of responding to economic threats or taking advantage of opportunities.